We are quickly approaching the traditional rainy season in the state of Florida. This will mean roads will become slippery due to detergents and oils that have leaked onto the asphalt and concrete roads. You add rain to the mix, and you have a potentially dangerous driving situation.
There are many other factors to consider concerning driver safety as well. Florida has traffic. Lots of traffic! Our state also has numerous sightseeing attractions, and these can cause driver distractions. Because Florida is one of the major tourist spots in the country, we have drivers coming here that are not familiar with the roads and driving patterns. These tips can help cut down on unsafe conditions:
- Avoid driving during extreme rain situations, when possible.
- Be aware of your surroundings and plan your route ahead of time.
- Keep your vehicle in good working order by conducting proper maintenance.
- Don’t get distracted with electronic devices and sightseeing attractions.
- Don’t drive through deep water or areas where you are unsure of the water depth.
- Slow down, speeding does kill!
- Pay attention to road signs, they are there to alert drivers to impending dangers.
A-C-T wants everyone to arrive at their destination safely. Our organization takes driver safety seriously and we strive to be the leader in our industry for safety, customer satisfaction, and regulatory compliance. Call us today and see how we can partner, creating a safer environment for all of us!